The New York Farm Bureau's Video Update for June 2014.
Celebrate Yogurt Day at the NYS Capital
Students from Byron-Berger Elementary. Yogurt producers had displays.
2 dozen ag-related bills were passed in New York State!
- Farm-based Craft Beverage Expansion
- Reduced Regulatory Burdens
- Smaller Ag. Districts
- Beginning Farmer Loans
- Silvopasturing eligible for agriculture assessment
- Invasive Species Prevention & Control
- Drain Tile Load Fund
- Create St. Lawrence Wine Trail
- Extend STAR Exemption to LLC Farm Dwellings
- Report on Precision Technology
- Industrial Hemp Pilot Program
The July 2014 issue of Grassroots will have more details on the above bills.
NYFB Foundation launched with 10 County Farm Bureaus a "Placemats" Pilot Project to inform people at restaurants about food and nutrition.
Learn more about the New York Farm Bureau at NYFB.org